Industrial space heater recommended for use in warehouse heating, garage heating and workshop heating. The Herschel Advantage IRP4 industrial space heater is a ceiling mounted unit specifically designed for industrial and workshop space heating applications. At 2.6kW the IRP4 is designed for spaces with a minimum ground clearance of 2.5m and maximum 3m. The heater should be a minimum of 125mm from the ceiling above and 1500 mm from the nearest wall. The IRP4 is a much more simple installation. It has greatly reduced ongoing maintenance than alternative systems, such as hot air blowers or gas-burning (‘space ray’ type heating systems).
The Herschel IRP4 will directly warm people and objects within the heated zone of 12 sqm. Where high levels of comfort are required, heaters will need to be located to overlap zones in order to remove cold spots between zones. Air movement such as that from shutter doors, high ceiling heights or large volumes of cold air adjacent to the heated zone will reduce the area covered/temperatures that can be achieved. Within enclosed areas the thermal mass of the building will be heated which may increase the ambient temperatures for an area of up to 21 sqm per heater.
The extent to which the ambient temperatures can be raised and the required running time of the heaters to achieve this will be dependent upon the property. Such as construction, age, insulation levels and cubic volume, the external temperature and local climatic conditions. For larger commercial projects or where different mounting heights are required we would always recommend a survey, or desktop assessment.
Additional Benefits of the Herschel Advantage IRP4 Industrial Space Heater
– No exhaust emissions, therefore no requirement for planning
– Silent operation, without fumes – consequently bypassing health and safety issues
– Installation is much cheaper than oil or gas alternatives – all you require is electric cable
– Virtually maintenance free – you do not have to maintain an infrared heater once installed
– Heat generated warms objects not air. Therefore, the heat is not blown away in drafts to other parts of the building or outside
– Far Infrared heat has positive effects on metabolism – see Comfort Heat
– 100% GREEN when combined with onsite electric generation such as turbine or solar panels.