The Herschel IQ Control System and controllers have been manufactured with the latest wireless technology to turn your new Herschel infrared heaters into a cutting edge, energy-saving heating system! Herschels’ novel combination of stylish and efficient heaters with a comprehensive, flexible and cost effective control system is unique to the market.
Conventional convection heating cannot be zone controlled, as an average temperature will be set and heated air will disperse uncontrollably. The benefit of the IQ system is that each heater has its own thermostat, therefore can be independently controlled. Any room can be any temperature, or not heated at all. For example: the lounge and bedroom heaters could be turned on but as the dining room won’t be used it can be kept off. Within this, the bedroom could be set at 20 degrees and the lounge at 23 degrees. Energy is only used when the Herschel panel is switched on. Herschel heaters can be linked together to form a zone. For example 2 or more heaters in one room, or even two seperate zones in one large room. Then each zone can be controlled by a separate Herschel thermostat connected to the heaters within that zone. Just think how much energy and money you may waste each year by heating areas that are only used infrequently or by running a central boiler to heat just 1 or 2 rooms. Do not worry, these are simple to operate!
The Herschel iQ WH1 Central Control Unit provides centralised control of up to 36 R1 receivers (running up to 2.3kW each of Infrared heaters) and manages them either:
- As a whole group using single-touch commands;
- In up to 6 different zones comprising up to 6 R1 receivers each;
The iQ WH1 Central Control Unit has a LCD touch screen for ease of use. Functions include:
- Group “Quick Actions” including single touch control of all R1 temperature settings and enabling of different modes (Comfort; Away and Week schedule) and global time-of-day setting;
- Configuration of up to 6 Zones
- Configuration of up to 6 R1’s per zone.
Individual R1 Receiver includes:
- Target Temperature control;
- 5+1+1 Week schedule with 4 times of day;
- Setting of individual “Comfort” & Away modes;
- Window Open Function (shutting off the heating if a rapid drop in temperature is detected until you override this or wait 1 hour).
Herschel Infrared Heaters Together With The Iq Wh1 Central Control Unit Are Fully Compliant With Ec Directive 2009/125/Ec For Ecodesign Of Local Space Heaters.
These Can Control Up To 2.3Kw Each Or More Heaters Via Relay-Switched Circuits. Get the most from your herschel heaters by adding the Iq system. Starting with just one heater in one room – add as many devices as you want* over time to get full control of your home’s energy use.
* Up To 36 R1 Receivers May Be Added.