The Herschel IQ Control System and controllers have been manufactured with the latest wireless technology to turn your new Herschel infrared heaters into a cutting edge, energy-saving heating system! Herschels’ novel combination of stylish and efficient heaters with a comprehensive, flexible and cost effective control system is unique to the market.
Conventional convection heating cannot be zone controlled, as an average temperature will be set and heated air will disperse uncontrollably. The benefit of the IQ system is that each heater has its own thermostat, therefore can be independently controlled. Any room can be any temperature, or not heated at all. For example: the lounge and bedroom heaters could be turned on but as the dining room won’t be used it can be kept off. Within this, the bedroom could be set at 20 degrees and the lounge at 23 degrees. Energy is only used when the Herschel panel is switched on.
Herschel heaters can be linked together to form a zone. For example 2 or more heaters in one room, or even two seperate zones in one large room. Then each zone can be controlled by a separate Herschel thermostat connected to the heaters within that zone. Just think how much energy and money you may waste each year by heating areas that are only used infrequently or by running a central boiler to heat just 1 or 2 rooms. Do not worry, these are simple to operate! Herschel’s simple starter control kit for heating a room or a single ‘zone’. Comprising a Herschel iQ T1 Wireless Thermostat and iQ R1 Wireless Receiver, this pack will control up to 2.3kW (on 230V) Herschel Infrared panels on one electrical circuit and is extendable by purchase of additional R1 receivers to control more panels on other circuits (all receiving the same instructions from the T1).
The iQ T1 Wireless Thermostat has a very clear backlit digital control display and easy-to-use functions including:
- Time of Day;
- Target Temperature control;
- 5+1+1 Week schedule with 4 times of day; “Comfort”; Economy and Away modes;
- Window Open Function (shutting off the heating if a rapid drop in temperature is detected until you override this or wait 1 hour);
- Wall-mounted or Free-standing.
The iQ R1 Wireless Receiver has the following additional capabilities:
- 1 hr “Boost” function;
- Unlimited R1’s can be paired to a T1,to control more heaters in the house (all receiving identical commands from the T1).
- Can be re-paired to an iQ WH1 Central Control Unit if you want to upgrade your simple control solution to a more comprehensive Building Management solution with multiple zones running multiple different schedules.
To add a second room to your house under the same T1 controller, you can purchase an additional R1 receiver and pair it with the T1 in this pack.
Herschel Infrared heaters together with the iQ Single Zone starter pack are fully compliant with EC Directive 2009/125/EC for Ecodesign of local space heaters. Get the most from your herschel heaters by adding the iq system. starting with just one heater in one room – add as many devices as you want* over time to get full control of your home’s energy use.
Click Here for the Herschel iQ Configuration guide (Describes control options available from single rooms through to whole building control.)
Click Here for the T1 Instructions
Click Here for the R1 Instructions
* up to 36 r1 receivers may be added. These can control up to 2.3kW each or more heaters via relay-switched circuits.